Resources for Start Up companies
Being the technology transfer arm in the Faculty of Engineering, CUHK, CINTEC is pleased to facilitate Faculty members, staff and students to explore technology based business ventures. As CUHK Pre-Incubation Centre (Pi Centre) has been established, CINTEC is pleased to joint hands with Centre for Entrepreneurship as well as Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services, to provide university-wide incubation support.
CUHK Pre-Incubation Centre (Pi Centre)
The Pi Centre is a university-wide initiative to stimulate creativity and entrepreneurship by offering up to one year of working space, facilities and mentoring services to teams of students starting companies to commercialize technologies and implement innovative business models for profit and for the benefit of society. Through the Pi Centre, CUHK aims to increase the number and impact of sustainable, socially responsible enterprises that integrate theoretical knowledge, enthusiasm and market discipline to create value, with a goal to unleash the creative potential from across the campus. It is located at Lady Ho Tung Hall, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Qualified teams will have free access to the following services for up to one year:
Workspace: Hot desk, Meeting Rooms, Seminar/Exhibition Area, High Speed Internet
Facilities: Print/Copy/Fax/Scan, 3D Print/Scan, Locker, Pantry
Development and Mentorship: Account Manager & Mentor, Training & Workshop, Peer Networking, Investor & Experts Network
– All CUHK students (undergraduate and postgraduate) in ANY disciplines, who have an innovative idea and a passion to create significant human, social, or market value.
– Both individuals and teams can apply.
Priority will be given to:
– Applicants whose ideas and plans are backed by research and/or scientific discoveries with endorsement from research faculties and academic supervisors.
– Applicants whose ideas and plans that are recognized in open or university-wide competitions, or have received awards or endorsements from other authorities.
– Teams that involve students from more than one Faculty or Department, and/or with diverse, complementary skillsets.
Some successful CUHK spin-offs
University spin-off is an effective vehicle for technology transfer. CINTEC provides pre-incubation support (coaching, office space, infrastructure and business network) to student or faculty entrepreneurs so that they can turn their innovation into viable business start-up. Technology companies brought up from our services include: