Technologies on Display
E5 - Discrete Optimization Solver
Optimization Solver is a software package for integer programming problems,
especially for nonlinear integer programming (NLIP) problems. This software
consists of two parts:
Part (A) takes advantage of the special structure of the separable NLIP
problem, makes use of some innovational nonlinear Lagrangian theories and
thus enabling us to find exact optimal solution to the large-scale separable
NLIP problem in an instant.
Part (B) adopts some innovational global optimization technologies and thus
facilitating us to find optimal solution to the large-scale general NLIP
- Airline scheduling
- Business and stock forecasting
- Capital budgeting
- Communication and transportation networks
- Database design and management
- Financial resource allocation
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Ability to find exact optimal solution to large-scale separable NLIP
problems with up to 5000 integer variables for which no existing software
packages are able to solve.
- Ability to generate upper bound and lower bound for the optimal value
at each iteration.
- Ability to find optimal solution to general large-scale NLIP problems
with up to 100 integer variables for which no existing software packages
are able to solve.
- Ability to move from one local optimal solution to a better one at
Prof. Duan Li
Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management